On Saturday afternoon we had a showing. I took Courtney school shopping because I had decided that with only 2 weeks left until our house went off the market we weren't going to move. In fact, my heart was no longer in to getting the house ready for a showing. I didn't do all the last minute "touches" to make our house appealing to others. I really didn't care. I was ready to settle in for a year (or two) and make the most of it. I had my plans and I thought I knew what was best for us and I was striving toward it.
When I got home from shopping Tom told me that he met the family that had looked at our house. They were a homeschool family. My inital thought was, "Oh no. I bet they can see themselves living in this house!" Sure enough, before dinner time we had an offer and our lives began to change.
Now I feel like life is moving much too quickly. Tom and I fly out next week to look for houses, and details are floating through my mind constantly about what needs to be done before our house closes on September 21st.
I am thankful for:
- Ten great years in Little Rock and all the friends we have made here in Arkansas
- A wonderful church that has encouraged us (and our children) in our walk with God
- A faithful God who always has our best in mind (and a plan we can trust)
- Children that don't understand why we need to move but that trust us as parents
- God's hand in all of this and a teenager that is excited about this opportunity
- A chance to serve God as a couple (and family) in Washington with FamilyLife
You can pray for:
- God's peace as we make this transition
- A home for us in Washington
- Sleep---with all the details floating around in my head sleep is extremely difficult
- Safety and protection for us and our children as we travel
- That our relationship as a family will be stronger during this time and that our hearts will grow closer to God
- My health--with all sudden stress the Crohn's disease that has attacked my body for the past 4 years is really flaring up and there are no meds that my body will tolerate to help with the symptoms (You could pray for healing too!)
- Wisdom as we decide what to do for school for Courtney during this transition time