Welcome!

Tom and Laura Clifton, serving as missionaries with FamilyLife, a ministry of Cru.

On our blog you can read the latest conference quotes, find out about new things happening within FamilyLife, keep updated with our family, find links to helpful sites, and also find out how to join our support team.

Monday, November 20, 2017

Coeur d'Alene Weekend to Remember

It was such a joy to be a part of the Weekend to Remember Event.  Here is just a glimpse of what happened during the weekend:


Coeur d'Alene Top Ten Comments
Weekend to Remember
November 17-19, 2017

Attendance: 756
Those indicating decisions below:
Salvation Decisions: 7
Prayed to be filled with the Holy Spirit: 106
Recommitted Family to Christ: 110

This Getaway really made us get to the core of the issues affecting our relationship…the first night after 25 years of hanging on to an incident in our marriage, we actually talked about it even though it was uncomfortable. It opened doors I never thought we could or would open. I am so grateful for this weight being removed that had been looming over us!

We’ve recently retired from the military after 31 years and have attended a few of their marriage conferences. Yours trumps theirs hands down!!! Thank you. married 29 years

I think we arrived as two broken individuals but are leaving with a hope that—Yes with God we can pursue our marriage passionately as ‘one’.  We have 3 teens, one battles drug addiction so our house has been in strife and turmoil for 6 years! I told our marriage counselor if [my husband] didn’t go with me to this weekend I was going to ask for a separation…we now are on the road to marriage recovery.  married 22 years

For the first time in 15 years, we are making a plan for our marriage, and making it a priority.

6 weeks prior to this getaway. We were contemplating separation after 29 years of marriage. God intervened and a miracle took place. This was the perfect way to start our new marriage. It restored and confirmed the tools we need to rebuild and protect our gift of marriage, we have been given a new start and you have given us great resources and tools to be victorious.

I am recommitted to respect and support my husband and make him #2 (God first), married 27 years

Before the getaway, I was having a hard time being open to forgiveness. This getaway opened my heart up to the process to forgiving my husband. married 11 years

We feel so blessed to have been part of this seminar. We have learned so much! And have felt God’s presence throughout this weekend! We can’t wait to apply what we have learned. married 3 years

[The Weekend to Remember] Saved our marriage and family.

It gave me the courage and the environment to transparently share things I was struggling with in our marriage and helped my wife know that…I was committed to her. married 24 years



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...