Welcome!

Tom and Laura Clifton, serving as missionaries with FamilyLife, a ministry of Cru.

On our blog you can read the latest conference quotes, find out about new things happening within FamilyLife, keep updated with our family, find links to helpful sites, and also find out how to join our support team.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Weekend to Remember Comments

Redmond (Seattle) Weekend to Remember
April 1-3, 2011
Attendance 197
Indicated a Decision for Christ 1
Asked to be filled with the Holy Spirit 14
Recommitted family to Christ 19

  • "This was the 1st time we have been away for a weekend-just the two of us-in 7 years! I fell in love again. I also learned some great things on how to love and pray for my husband. And we talked about sex and intimacy for the 1st time in I don't know how long. (married 6 years)
  • "Emotional and sharing, focus challenging. This is our 3rd conference in 6 years-it's like changing the oil in our marriage, to keep our spiritual and marital engines from the sludge that builds up slowly! 'Maintenance to last a life time.'"(husband, married 13 years)
  • "WOW very eye opening. Information overload, but awesome. It drew us closer on how to be Godly and have a thriving marriage. How to truly be one. (wife, married 10 years)
  • "This conference always helps us re-focus our priorities and perspectives for our marriage. It's a great 'tune-up' for us as well as a great reminder of God's bigger picture for our marriage and our family."
  • "It reminded me of what was important." (husband, married 4 years)
  • "This getaway is just what we needed! After weeks and months of building stress and tension, this getaway gave us the opportunity and tools we needed to communicated with each other and really connect." (wife, married 3 years)
  • "It encourages us to continue to seek the Lord and His guidance in our lives. It reminded us that the two of us come first before our children. We have forgotten that with teenagers in the house." (wife, married 18 years)
  • "I should have brought a box of Kleenex!!! It was better than I imagined. Both empowering and humbling. After being a single Mom for 10 years and married to an abusive man the first marriage for three years, I realized how selfish I am and how scared I am. I realized too that I've never had solid examples of a wife or mother. My mom, step mom, and mother-in-law 'wear the pants in the family'. No one understands why I don't want to spend too much time with them, but I honestly don't want to become them or watch how they treat their men. I have choices now." (wife-married 3 years, married to the husband with the following comment)
  • "This conference reveals to you not how to solve your marriage issues but rather that you yourself are the issue of your marriage. Poor management leads to a poor marriage. Now I h ave some tools to be a better manager of my marriage." (husband, married 3 years to the woman with the preceding comment)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...